Authentic Mekong Delta Cruise in 2 Days
Duration: 2 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat, Bike
Route: Saigon - Cai Be - Can Tho - Saigon
Languages: English Français Tiếng Việt (View map)
Authentic Mekong sampan is designed according to the traditonal sampans which have navigated on the Mekong flows. Long of 21.5m and wide of 4m, made of combined wood and woven bamboo, a typical traditional style well appreciated by people who spend all their life working and living on water.
For a pleasant and long cruise in comfortable conditions, the sampan is equiped with a well ventilated compartment which could be used as a diner room as well as bedroom with couchettes available for group of 2 to 30 persons maximum; besides one kitchen, three restrooms with showers, one terrace on the deck, a five- person- crew included the captain, one mechanic, the chief cook, one sailor and one guide, are at your service.
Passengers on Authentic Mekong will be amazed and integrated in their discovery of landscapes, of local daily life, of smiling and open hearted people of the Delta and of aquatic life anywhere they go with the sampan.
- Experience the Mekong Delta, its people, and its floating markets firsthand on a 2-day river cruise
- Discover the charming village of Sa Dec, until recently almost unknown to tourists
- Bargain with the traders on a floating market
- Relax aboard the comfortable ship
- Snack on fresh, juicy fruits and meet the locals
Accommodation: 07 cabins for max. 15 passengers (couchette, twin or double cabin)
Tour Price & Availability:
Day 01: Ho Chi Minh City - Cai Be - Tra On (Lunch, Dinner)
08h00 Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City for 2 hour transfer to Cai Be.
11h30 Boarding LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
Transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway, local pop-rice and sweets production.
Visit of colonial buildings, old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers. LeCochinchine continues its cruise to Cochien. Lunch served on board.
Embark on a pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people's activities. Visit a cottage industry, a local farm and sample seasonal fruits.
Leisurely cruise on the Mekong River while taking in the beautiful scenery. Enjoy an aperitif over the sunset.
Dinner and night on board.
Day 02: Tra On - Cai Be - Ho Chi Minh City (Breakfast)
Breakfast on board. The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day our boat set sails to Can Tho through tributary and canals.
Transfer to Cai Rang: one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk along the canals and the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards, ship building yards, rural and water activities in full swing.
Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
11h00 Disembark in Can Tho. The cruise concludes. Driving you back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Note: The cruise program can be reversed starting from Can Tho ending in Cai Be.
- Wooden cabin with A/C and private bathroom
- Welcome cocktail
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (01 Breakfast, 01 Lunch, 01 Dinner)
- English/French-speaking guide on board
- Biking, sampan boat ride
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
- Complimentary herbal foot massage
What's Not Included:
- Transportation by A/C bus from hotel in Ho Chi Minh City to pier in Mekong and back
Pick up 8am from Cinnamon Hotel Saigon, 74 Le Thi Rieng D1, HCM city
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Peak season surcharge 20% of the rates will be applied for cruises on 24/12, New Year’s Eve 31/12 and Tet Holidays
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
- Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
- 08 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 3 to 7 days: 50% of total tour price
- Less than 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Authentic Mekong Delta Cruise in 2 Days