Le Cochinchine Cruise - 2 Days Taste of Mekong
Duration: 2 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat
Route: Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) - Cai Be - Can Tho - Saigon
Languages: English Français Tiếng Việt (View map)
Conceived as the traditional rice-barges that fill the Mekong waterways, Le Cochinchine is an elegant and delightful river boat that promises a peaceful and highly comfortable journey along the many canals of the Mekong Delta. All dressed-up in shiny wood, it perfectly fits in the amazing surrounding landscapes one takes pleasure in contemplating while lazing on the upper deck. Thanks to a utterly caring crew, travelers will enjoy a high quality personalised service. On board Le Cochinchine, time seems to have stopped to transport travelers to a magical world.
- Experience the Mekong Delta, its people, and its floating markets firsthand on a 2-day river cruise
- Discover the charming village of Sa Dec, until recently almost unknown to tourists
- Bargain with the traders on a floating market
- Relax aboard the comfortable ship
- Snack on fresh, juicy fruits and meet the locals
DAY 01: HO CHI MINH CITY - CAI BE - TRA ON (Lunch, Dinner)
- 08h00 Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City for 2 hour transfer to Cai Be.
- 11h30 -12h00 boarding LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
- Transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway, local pop-rice and sweets production.
- Visit of colonial buildings, old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
- LeCochinchine continues its cruise to Cochien. Lunch served on board.
- Embark on a pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people's activities. Visit a cottage industry, a local farm and sample seasonal fruits.
- Leisurely cruise on the Mekong River while taking in the beautiful scenery.
- Enjoy an aperitif over the sunset.
- Dinner and night on board.
DAY 02: TRA ON - CAN THO - HO CHI MINH CITY (Breakfast)
- Breakfast on board.
- The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day our boat set sails to Can Tho through tributary and canals.
- Transfer to Cai Rang: one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk along the canals and the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards, ship building yards, rural and water activities in full swing.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- 11h00 Disembark in Can Tho. The cruise concludes.
- Driving you back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Note: The cruise program can be reversed starting from Can Tho ending in Cai Be.
Tour Price & Availability:
****Upstream: Saigon - Cai Be - Tra On - Can Tho - Saigon
DAY 1: SAIGON – CAI BE – MANG THIT – TRA ON (L, D)
8:00-8:30 A.M: Pick up at your hotel in HCM City and transfer you to Mekong.
10:30-11:00 A.M: Welcome you at our Cai Be pier. Take a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway, local pop-rice and sweets production. Visit of colonial buildings, old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
11:30-12:00: Join on board Le Cochinchine and enjoy a welcome drink. Lunch is served on board as the barge sails down Co Chien River then process onto Mang Thit River.
Embark on a pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and local people's daily activities.
Leisurely cruise on the Mekong River while enjoying the beautiful scenery. Savour foot massage on board with a pre-dinner drink over the sunset.
Dinner and overnight on board.
DAY 2: TRA ON – CAN THO – SAIGON (B)
A lovely new day begins on Mekong River. Waking up early allows you to admire the sunrise on the Mekong with bubbling activities of local people. Breakfast on board while the boat sails to Can Tho through tributaries, canals and arroyos.
Check-out Le Cochinchine boat, say “goodbye” to our friendly staff, we transfer you by small boat for visit of Cai Rang, one of the most bustling floating markets in the whole Mekong Delta. The Cai Rang floating market is known as a high-light cannot be missed when you explore the Western rivers of Vietnam.
The local boat slides on tiny waterways between palm-shaded banks, you have the chance to see green orchards, local houses, ship building yards, and rural activities in full swing. The sampan takes you to an ancient house to visit the orchard and enjoy tropical fruit.
Return to the small boat and get off at 11:00 A.M in Can Tho pier.
Transfer back to HCM City, you will be dropped off at your hotel around 2:30-3:00 P.M. End of nice cruise.
**** Downstream: Saigon - Can Tho - Tra On - Cai Be -Saigon
DAY 1: SAIGON – CAN THO – TRA ON – CHO LACH (L, D)
7:30-7:45 A.M: Pick up at your hotel in HCM City and transfer you to Mekong.
10:30-11:00 A.M: Welcome you at our Can Tho pier. Transfer on a local boat to explore the Cai Rang market, one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk through the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards.
11:30-12:00: Boarding on Le Cochinchine boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
Lunch served on board. The river barge continues towards Tra On.,,Leisurely cruise down the Mekong while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
Visit the fruit farm and walk or cycle amongst pleasant villages on the footpaths of countryside to meet local people and discovery their daily life.
Boarding back at dusk, enjoy a pre-dinner drink together with a magnificent sunset on Mang Thit River. Enjoy the foot massage on board.
Dinner and overnight on board at Cho Lach.
DAY 2: CHO LACH – CAI BE – SAIGON (B)
Breakfast on board. Le Cochinchine boat cruises along the Mekong while taking in orchards and gardens toward Cai Be.
Explore Cai Be floating market on a local boat then visit local coconut and rice sweet factories, colonial houses and fruit gardens. Sample local sweet and fruits during the trip.
The local boat sails through tiny canals and arroyos before bringing you back to the shore.
Get off at Cai Be harbour around 11:00 A.M.
Transfer back to HCM City, you will be dropped off at your hotel around 2:00 P.M. End of nice cruise.
Accommodation, welcome cocktail, excursion entrance fees, meals as per program, boat ride, biking for sightseeing, aperitif, English /French speaking on board, complimentary herbal foot massage on boat, service charge.
What's Not Included:
10 % Value Added Tax (VAT), city transfer, visa application, beverages, and items excluded in rates inclusion
Good to Know:
+ Upstream: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
+ Downstream: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Peak season surcharge:
US$ 45/person on December 24, December 31
30% of shuttle bus or private car on April 30, May 01, and 4 days of Lunar New Year (from December 30 to January 03)
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
- Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
- Children from 6 to 11 years old: 50% of adults
FIT booking: < 6 cabins
- 09 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 4 to 7 days: 50% of total tour price
- Within 3 days– No Show: Full charge
GIT booking: > 6 cabins
- 46 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- 32 to 45 days before departure date: 30% of total tour price
- 22 to 31 days before departure date: 50% of total tour price
- 09 to 21 days before departure date: 75% of total tour price
- 04 to 08 days before departure date: 90% of total tour price
- Within 3 days– No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Le Cochinchine Cruise - 2 Days Taste of Mekong