Mekong Eyes Classic - 2 Day Cruise between Saigon and Phu Quoc
Duration: 2 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat, Flight
Route: Saigon - Can Tho - Cai Be - Phu Quoc island
Languages: English Tiếng Việt (View map)
Discover the Mekong Delta on board the comfortable Mekong Eyes Classic vessel!
The Mekong Eyes Classic combines regional boat-building traditions with modern comforts to become the perfect holiday vessel to cruise the Mekong Delta in style. At 39 m long and 8.5 m wide, the Mekong Eyes river cruiser was built out of an old, traditional rice barge with the finest quality wood, and artfully decorated by skilled craftsmen of the Mekong Delta.
14 Deluxe cabins private bathrooms
Panoramic window with river view
Bathrobe and slippers
Daily free mineral water
Unlimited tea and coffee available at our panorama restaurant
Safe at reception
Convertible bed configuration twin or double
Tour Price & Availability:
Details of the routes and tour activities are for reference only. Final confirmation will be sent upon booking.
This 2-day tour starts on even dates (e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.). If you would like to begin your tour on an odd date in Saigon you can book our 3-day tour to Phu Quoc.
Except from 27th Jan 2017 to 03rd Feb, 2017 - will be closed for Lunar New Year
If you are staying in Saigon, we will pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3). The drive to Cai Be takes about 2 hours and to Can Tho approx. 4 hours.
Day 1: Panorama Cruise (L, D)
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) in Saigon and take you to Cai Be (approx. two hours drive). You board the wooden cruise boat around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through the village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board for fantastic photo opportunities along the river. Enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
If you book this tour on our Gecko Eyes house boat, you will visit the forest of Xeo Quyt on the first day. During the Vietnam war this jungle was the headquarters of the local partisans. During rainy season when the water levels are high enough you can explore the labyrinth by rowing sampan. In the afternoon you will visit the small and charming town of Sa Dec.
Day 2: Floating market and travel to Phu Quoc (B, L)
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, one of the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants.
Directly after visiting the floating market our shuttle takes you to the waterfront town of Rach Gia and to the pier for the ferry to the holiday paradise of Phu Quoc (lunch box on the way).
The tour ends here. We will be happy to help you book a resort on the island and organize your trip back to Saigon.
- Transportation by A/C bus from hotel in Ho Chi Minh City to pier in Mekong
- Wooden cabin with A/C and private bathroom
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B: Breakfasts, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
- Private transportation from Can Tho/Cai Be (car with driver) to Rach Gia and hydrofoil ticket from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
- OR transfer to Can Tho Airport and plane ticket to Phu Quoc
- English speaking guide on board
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
What's Not Included:
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Departure on Odd Dates
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
50% charge for children from 6 to 11 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults with an extra mattress.
75% charge for children from 6 to 11 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 1 (one) adult with a seperate bed.
*** For 03 cabins or less:
- More than 15 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 8 to 15 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 4 to 7 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
*** For 04 cabins or more:
- More than 45 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 32 to 45 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 16 to 31 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 15 days – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Mekong Eyes Classic - 2 Day Cruise between Saigon and Phu Quoc