Mekong Melody Cruise - Mekong Special in 5 Days
Duration: 5 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat, Bike
Route: Saigon - Cai Be - Long Xuyen - Can Tho - Tra On
Languages: English Français Tiếng Việt (View map)
A newly built tradition-inspired rice barge, Mekong Melody is a cosy river boat, perfectly wellsuited to private cruises. Entirely made of wood, it sails with ease on the many winding canals of the Mekong Delta, in perfect harmony with its natural setting.
Mekong Melody allows a wide range of routes throughout the Delta, as it can sail on waterways usually inaccessible to most cruising boats. It perfectly lends itself to tailor-made journeys, in accordance with travelers' wishes or for special occasions. On board Mekong Melody, passengers get a genuine insight into the Delta. Cruises result from a careful association between the elegant setting of a modern river barge inspired in tradition and an authentic way of exploring the Mekong Delta.
- Experience the Mekong Delta, its people, and its floating markets firsthand on a 5-day river cruise
- Discover the charming village of Sa Dec, until recently almost unknown to tourists
- Bargain with the traders on a floating market
- Relax aboard the comfortable ship
- Snack on fresh, juicy fruits and meet the locals
Accommodation: 02 cabins for max. 5 passengers, double beds and twin beds with individual air-conditioning, fan and private bathroom.
Tour Price & Availability:
Day 01: Saigon - Cai Be - Sadec (L, D)
11h30 morning embark our cruise and welcome drink on boat.
We take a morning junk trip to Dong Hoa Hiep Island and go ashore to visit the French Gothic Cathedral and colourful port area, with its colonial buildings, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
We explore evergreen islands and visit the former Imperial residence the traditional House, where surviving members of the Kiet family will welcome us with tea, and we can wander in the fruit orchards around the house.
The boat set sails torward Sadec and moor midstream for the night. Diner and overnight on board.
Day 02: Sadec - Lap Vo - Long Xuyen (B, L, D)
Rising up early for another nice day we contemplate sunrise while having breakfast on board.
Visit the Sadec local market, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
Walks/Cycle amongst the ever blossoming Sadec flower village and local industries.
Visit bricks and tiles kilns and the manufacture of earthenware pots on a bank of river.
Back to boat and enjoy welcome back drink while lunch is served.
The cruise set sails through the canals of Lapvo with a magnificent landscape that come along the river banks: rural walks, farming, nursering farm, fishing, boating, smiling school children all in full swing. Enjoy traditional herbal foot massage on boat.
Diner and while Le Cochinchine cruises towards Chaudoc
Day 03: Long Xuyen - Can Tho (B, L, D)
Breakfast on boat.
Explore the long Xuyen market one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging and jostling for space as owners attempt to sell their goods.
Visit Culao Ong Ho and enjoy the scenery and walk /cycle to visit villages the island, passing by farmers, children, villagers tendering their daily load. See local farmers trading their produce on the water as they have done for centuries. You will have a unique opportunity to discover a side of Delta life that few travellers experience.
Back to board and have welcome back drink. Our boat sets sails against down stream with lunch on boat.
Our boat set sails along the Hau river followed by diner.
Embark on a lovely cycle ride along the villages and verdant rice field to visit Banglong stork farm. This is a nice and pleasant short bike rind along the dike and rice field with pleasant encounter with people along the way.
Back to our boat with welcome back drink. Our boat sails agains while we have foot massage on boat followed by sunset cocktails.
Diner and overnight on boat
Day 04: Can Tho - Tra On (B, L, D)
Breakfast on boat
The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day our boat set sails to Cantho through tributaries, canals and arroyos.
Transfer to Cairang, one of the most bustling floating markets in the whole Mekong Delta.
The local boat slides on tiny waterways between palm-shaded banks for you to see green orchards, local houses, ship building yards, rural and river activites in full swing. Lunch served on board. The river barge continues towards Tra On.
Embark on a pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and local daily activities. It gives you a good opportunity to meet with local people
Boarding back at dusk, enjoy a pre-dinner drink together with a magnificent sunset on MangThit River. Enjoy the foot massage on board.
Dinner and night on board off Cholach.
Day 05: Tra On - Cai Be - Saigon (B, L)
Breakfast on board.
Our boat set sails again and cruises along the Mekong while taking in orchards and gardenstorward Cai Be.
Explore Cai Be floating market on a local boat then visit local coconut and rice sweet factories, colonial houses and fruit gardens. Sample local sweets and fruits during the trip.
The local boat sails through tiny canals and arroyos before bringing you back to the shore.
Get off in Cai Be harbour around 11.00 AM. The cruise concludes.
- Wooden cabin with A/C and private bathroom
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B: Breakfasts, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
- English/French-speaking guide on board
- Biking, sampan boat ride
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
- Complimentary foot massage and sunset cocktails
What's Not Included:
- Transportation by A/C private car from hotel in Ho Chi Minh City to pier in Mekong and back
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Peak season surcharge 20% of the rates will be applied for cruises on 24/12, New Year’s Eve 31/12 and Tet Holidays
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
- Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
- 08 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 3 to 7 days: 50% of total tour price
- Less than 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Mekong Melody Cruise - Mekong Special in 5 Days